What are the food sources that are great for our focal sensory system? What food advances focus and memory and means for temperament. Neurological infections influence more than a billion groups and are on the ascent. To forestall, Following a proper way of life and incorporating food varieties that can reduce irritation levels is fundamental.
The Nervous System, What Is It
The sensory system is a bunch of organs and designs that get, process and convey messages. Expressly, it permits you to interface different body parts and direct their willful and compulsory capabilities.
It Is Distinguished In :
- Central nervous system: composed of neurons and glial cells distributed in the brain and spinal cord;
- Peripheral nervous system: composed of nerve fibers distributed in two different peripheral systems, the autonomic system (divided into sympathetic and parasympathetic ) and the bodily system.
The Well-Being Of The Nervous System
The nervous system performs many vital functions for our body; for example, the brain regulates the functions related to reasoning, thinking, memory, heartbeat, emotions, motor skills and much more. That’s why the well-being of the nervous system is essential to maintain good health and to prevent certain diseases.
Our lifestyle can significantly affect the functionality of the nervous system; therefore, although it is not the only factor, it is essential to consistently follow healthy habits, such as having an active lifestyle, eating well and dedicating yourself to mental well-being.
Neuropathies And Other Disorders
The World Health Organization has noted an increase in neurological pathologies linked in part to aging and in another part to the low diffusion and use of preventive measures. Among the various disorders that can affect the nervous system, we find:
- Neuropathies: characterized by damage and, therefore, malfunctioning of peripheral nerves, they can derive from trauma, inflammation, vitamin deficiency or vascular disorders;
- headaches: more generally known as headaches;
- Neurodegenerative diseases: among the best known, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
Nutrition And Nervous System Health
Among the preventive measures to reduce the risk of diseases of the nervous system, there is undoubtedly a healthy diet. Good eating habits allow you to stock up on antioxidant and anti-inflammatory molecules that promote the health of the nervous system by reducing one of the leading causes of chronic diseases, including neurological ones: inflammation.
Not only that but for the well-being of the nerves and the nervous system in general, vitamin B12 and other micronutrients, such as magnesium, are essential. Let’s not forget, however, other equally good habits, such as:
- Practicing physical activity and having an active life;
- maintain good hydration;
- not smoking;
- reduce psychophysical stress;
- limit alcohol.
What To Eat In Case Of Inflammation Of The Nerves
Now let’s see which foods are suitable for the nervous system and what to eat for inflamed nerves:
- Fatty fish, such as salmon and sardines: are rich in omega 3, which is essential for learning and memory;
- coffee: thanks to the presence of caffeine and antioxidants, it improves concentration, memory and mood;
- blueberries: rich in anthocyanins, molecules with powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties;
- turmeric: antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, able to promote good mood and improve memory;
- broccoli, spinach, green leafy vegetables: antioxidant properties;
- pumpkin seeds: rich in antioxidants and minerals such as magnesium, zinc and iron;
- citrus fruits: rich in vitamin C, an essential micronutrient to reduce cognitive decline;
- dark chocolate: rich in flavonoids, it reduces oxidation and improves learning and memory;
- eggs: rich in B vitamins, such as vitamin B12, associated with brain health;
- Green tea: Rich in antioxidants, it also promotes concentration and memory.
For the health of the nervous system, foods with high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory power are preferable, such as:
- fruit ;
- vegetable ;
- dried fruit ;
- fatty fish.
Furthermore, B vitamins are essential for the proper functioning of the nervous system; for example, vitamin B12 deficiency is associated with poor memory and concentration and an increased risk of depression. We could therefore summarize by arguing that a Mediterranean diet is mainly composed of plant foods, such as:
- Cereals ;
- dried fruit;
- extra virgin olive oi
And the right frequency of animal foods, such as oily fish, eggs, dairy products and meat, is an ally of the health of the nervous system.
Foods To Avoid
Among the foods that inflame the nerves and, in general, potentially inflammatory, we find, instead:
- Sweets, foods rich in simple sugars;
- industrial foods;
- processed meat;
- salt-rich foods;
Read Also: Top 10 Foods For Cartilage