Lack of volume is the main problem with fine hair since its diameter is 4-5 times smaller than usual. Focus on tips and good products to gain importance.
We Spray Dry Shampoo!
Ideal for giving a slight swelling to your hair just before a night out. We spray it at the root of the hair, crepe, and voila. It provides a very natural disheveled effect.
How To Give Volume To Fine Hair?
Feeling powerless in front of too fine hair is the daily life of many women… but let it be said, it is not inevitable! There are solutions to give courage and volume to flat, dull, loose hair. For example, you can use specific styling products for fine hair, such as mousses or light hairsprays.
Avoid over-washing them; this can make them lighter and less bulky. Similarly, use a hair dryer with a diffuser attachment to add texture and volume to the roots. Do haircuts that create layers and movement. Avoid flattening them with a hot straightener or hair dryer. Use styling methods like upside-down styling to add volume to the roots.
Apply nourishing treatments to strengthen fine hair. Use protein-based styling products to strengthen hair and give it more structure. Between adapted shampoos, “volumizing” treatments, drying and styling techniques, the tips to end fluffy and ragged hair exist; discover them in detail in our slideshow!
What Makes Thin Hair?
Several factors can cause thin hair:
- Genetics: Fine hair is often hereditary and can be linked to genetic factors.
- Aging: Hair can become thinner with age.
- Nutrient deficiencies: A lack of certain nutrients such as proteins, vitamins and minerals can lead to thinning hair.
- Stress: Stress can lead to hair loss and thinning hair.
- Hormonal changes, such as menopause or pregnancy, can lead to thinning hair.
- Unsuitable hair treatments: Chemical treatments such as colouring, straightening, and perms can damage hair and make it thin.
- Drying your hair at too high temperatures and using styling tools can cause thermal damage.
- Certain diseases can make hair thin, such as chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes or thyroid disorders.
- See a doctor or a trichologist (hair and scalp specialist) if you notice hair loss or diminished thickness to rule out any underlying pathology.
What Natural Products Strengthen Fine Hair?
Castor, coconut, and olive oils are rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids that can help strengthen hair and make it thicker. Honey is moisturizing and perfect for enhancing or repairing fine hair fiber. Yogurt contains protein and fatty acids to help fine hair appear firmer and fuller. Apple cider vinegar is acidic and can help balance the hair’s pH, making it thicker and shinier.
Finally, the ripe avocado can also care for fine hair. It is applied to damp hair. The treatment thickens, adds shine, facilitates styling and hydrates the hair. But, the most important thing is that it strengthens each hair.
How To Style Your Hair To Give Volume To Fine Hair?
Layered haircuts can help add volume to thin hair by creating texture and movement. Similarly, the lengths will give the illusion of greater density. Again, braids can create more elaborate and voluminous hairstyles, like highlights, that can add dimension and depth to fine hair. Finally, accessories such as barrettes, rubber bands or pins also have a role to play in the volume to be given to fine hair.
Note that it is preferable to avoid too short haircuts, which can accentuate the effect of fine hair, but also not to use high temperatures to dry the hair and to prevent styling products that can weigh down the hair and make it appear thinner. It is also recommended that you consult a professional hairdresser for personalized advice on the hairstyles that will best suit your hair type and specific needs.
Read Also: Does The Ketogenic Diet Cause Hair Loss?