Of its ability to boost the metabolism, lemon juice is an effective way to lose weight, but it does many other services…!
To Firm Up A Withered Salad!
Did you know that lemon can restore all its vitality to a slightly withered lettuce thanks to its fruit acids? To do this, mix cold water with 1/2 lemon, immerse your salad in it, and place everything in the fridge for 1 hour before wringing the leaves.
Why Is Lemon Juice A Precious Daily Ally?
Whether it is almost spoiled or perfectly ripe, let it be said the lemon and its juice work miracles, not just on our bodies. Indeed, suppose citrus fruit – mainly composed of water and vitamins – is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight against aging and strengthen our immune defenses. In that case, it is also a strong ally in other areas.
Lemon juice is ideal for spicing up a vinaigrette, firming up a withered salad, or loosening rice without altering its taste. A cosmetic in its own right, lemon juice also has the power to reduce dark spots, whiten nails and lighten the hair. It is also a great partner for home and laundry care; natural whitener and lemon juice knows how to revive the colors of fabrics without damaging them and leaving a pleasant smell.
Lemon Juice: How To Use It In Cleaning The House?
Used since Antiquity by the Egyptians as an antidote against various poisons, the pulp and juice of lemons have many benefits. Excellent for health, this citrus fruit is also practical daily for maintaining our home. Lemon makes it possible to clean, degrease, descale, and shine many surfaces: glass, stainless steel, tiles … and all that, in a single gesture! Moreover, unlike most household products sold on the market, which are toxic to the environment, lemons have no negative impact on our beautiful planet.
- Lemon juice is a super effective antiseptic: microbes, viruses, and other bacteria are not resistant to it. Think about it for your kitchen worktop, for example! Disinfectant and antifungal, it is also indicated in the bathroom to eradicate mold and fungi
- Lemon juice is a great deodorant: it is not for nothing that lemon is found in many cleaning products or dishwashing liquids. Indeed, it is a natural deodorizer that works wonders in a refrigerator, a microwave oven, or a kitchen to remove the smell of frying.
- Lemon juice, perfect for whitening laundry: lemon succeeds where a classic detergent has failed. So, it should disappear by rubbing carrot stain on a blouse, blood on a T-shirt, or grass on white pants with half a lemon. Lemon is also the friend of white textiles since adding the fruit’s juice to the washing water restores its whiteness to linen that has become yellowish.
Why Should You Eat Lemon When You Want To Be Healthy?
In the lemon, everything is good: the skin, the flesh, the juice… Originally from India, it is the magic fruit par excellence. The art of healing and melting while enjoying yourself! Whether it is yellow, green, whether it is the yuzu, combative, or calamansi variety, the lemon is unique: the least caloric and least sweet fruit, it is also one of the best provided with vitamin C., antioxidants and “cleansing” compounds, capable of attacking the bulges as well as the engorged liver or even microbes. We enjoy it with raw vegetables, sorbets, infused waters, and other lemonades!
It’s the king of deep cleaning. It is a diuretic because its acidity stimulates kidney function. Especially since we generally add water to lengthen it (tea, squeezed lemon)! It also boosts the secretion of digestive juices, and its potassium regulates the body’s acid-base balance. Finally, bitter and rich in pectin, it is highly detox because it cleanses the gallbladder, the liver’s exit door. Without forgetting, its vitamin C facilitates the assimilation of iron brought by food, gives fishing, and strengthens immunity.
Does Lemon Juice Provide The Same Nutrients As Zest?
No. The juice contains water, potassium (and other minerals), citric acid, and vitamin C. The zest is interesting for its essence and anti-diabetes, anti-cholesterol and anti-craving polyphenols, therefore its slimming properties.
How To Preserve The Nutritional Qualities Of Lemon?
We avoid cooking: the vitamin C flies away. The juice is added instead at the last moment, especially since its flavor disappears in the heat, leaving only the acidity. Okay. If the zest interests us, we necessarily choose organic lemons or at least “without post-harvest treatment”: no anti-mold chemicals in our preparations! A doubt about a lemon? No quarter: the chemicals do not leave when rinsing; you dip your zest several times in a row in boiling water for 20 seconds, changing the water at each bath.
Lemon Juice Gives Me A Stomach Ache?
It shouldn’t. This reveals a weakness of the gastric mucosa. A healthy stomach supports citric acid. On the other hand, in the case of reflux or gastritis, distrust. It is then necessary to treat the cause, that is, the dire state of the stomach. For example, by making a cure of cider vinegar, able to regulate the gastric pH: take one c. coffee diluted in a large glass of water every day after breakfast.
Does Lemon Whiten Teeth?
No, no, and again, no! Let it be said once and for all, in no case does lemon have the power to give you an ultra-bright smile; it’s even the opposite! Very acidic, brushing your teeth after dipping your brush in lemon juice means taking the risk of irreversibly attacking the enamel that protects your teeth, then seeing your gums retract, thus exposing the nerve endings and consequently becoming hypersensitive to hot and cold. So, lemon juice to brush your teeth, we need to remember!
What Are The Different Ways To Consume Lemon?
- In juice! Sprinkle it over-cut fruit or vegetables (avocado, pear, apple, etc.) to prevent them from turning black. It is drunk diluted in a little cold or hot water. But as soon as you hurry: after 15 minutes, he has already lost 50% of his vitamin C.
- In zest! Take the fresh zest using a peeler (without the white, bitter skin), grate them, or finely cut them with scissors on raw vegetables, poultry, compotes, baked apples, infused waters…
- In essence (or essential oil)! There is one drop per person, diluted in 1 tbsp. Coffee of honey (fruit salads, yogurts, hot drinks…) or in 1 tbsp. Coffee with olive oil or vinaigrette (rice, pasta, vegetables, salads…).
- In powder! It exists ready-made, but you can make it yourself: dry lemon zest in the oven at 80°C (th. 2-3) for 1 hour. Once dry, mix and store in a jar. To sprinkle on fish, compotes, hot drinks…
How To Use Lemon Zest In Cooking?
Top on a grilled toast with ricotta or cream cheese, or wake up a fruit salad! Cook the minced zest of 2 untreated lemons for 20 minutes in a syrup made with 25 cl of water, 12 cl of lemon juice, and 200 g of sugar—store the syrup in a glass jar.
With Lime, What Do I Do?
With its freshness and well-balanced fragrance, lime has more than one advantage. It brings an exotic touch to our lemonades, mojitos, or margaritas! Also perfect in raw fish ceviche, avocado guacamole, or cheesecake.