Proper training & a healthy diet will help you get flat stomach. We’ll tell you one way to get flat stomach. If the abdominal muscles relax, the decreasing muscle tension is also visible externally. A flat one belly so wants to be trained – but of course not in any way! We’ll show you some simple but efficient exercises for your workout at home and everyday life, as well as nutrition tips with which you can get your abdominal muscles back under control.
By the way, you hardly need any aids for abdominal muscle training. However, an exercise mat should be part of the basic equipment for a workout at home.
Flat Stomach- Which Abs Can I Train?
A short anatomical introduction to the abdominal muscles, which are made up of four muscle groups.
- Straight abdominal muscle (rectus abdominis muscle)
- External oblique abdominal muscle (Musculus obliquus externus abdominis)
- Internal oblique muscle (Musculus obliquus internus abdominis)
- Transverse abdominal muscle (Musculus transversus abdominis)
The straight and oblique abdominal muscles are responsible for the inclination of the trunk, that is, the approach between the upper body and lower limbs. The oblique abdominal muscles incline the trunk when unilateral contraction to the side. With bilateral contraction, the box bends forward (the straight abdominal muscle is supported).
All three muscle groups play an important role in posture and support the head, spine, shoulders, and arms. These three muscle groups are used in all classic abdominal muscle exercises.
The transverse abdominal muscle is primarily responsible for a flat stomach. It forms the deepest layer of all abdominal muscles and is completely covered by the oblique abdominal muscles.
The fibers of the transverse abdominal muscles lead from the straight abdominal muscles to the pelvis. The transverse abdominal muscle forms the waist together with the oblique abdominal muscles and works with the other powers to straighten the pelvis. The transverse abdominal muscle is used, among other things, when pulling in the abdomen.
Working Out Abs: Three Simple Exercises
Crunches To Strengthen The Abdominal Muscles
- You lie on your back.
- Your legs are drawn at a 90 ° angle and stand on the floor.
- Your hands lie on the temples to the right and left of your head.
- Raise your shoulders and upper back to bring your head and chest as close as possible to your knees.
- Look straight up at the ceiling.
- Exhale as you lift your upper body and inhale as you sit down.
Repeat the exercise 15 times.
Stretching For A Slim Waist
Starting Position: Stand with your legs slightly bent, your stomach pulled in, and your back straight (be careful to avoid a hollow back!).
- Extend your right arm upwards and then bend it over your head to the left so that you can feel a slight pull on the right side of your waist.
- Breathe in as you do so.
- Slowly straighten up again and breathe out.
- Repeat the same procedure with the left arm.
Repeat the exercise 20 times.
Exercise The Entire Stomach With Planks
Starting Position: Lie on your stomach with your forearms angled on the floor at chest height as an extension of your body.
- Raise your body by leaning on your toes and forearms only.
- Tense your bottom and pull your stomach in so that your legs, head, and back form a straight line.
- Hold the position for a few moments.
Train The Abdominal Muscles In A Way That Is Easy On The Back
The abdominal muscles are connected to the back. Therefore, incorrectly performing the exercises can cause lower back pain. Especially those who have already had back pain can pay attention to a few things to avoid the unpleasant consequences of abdominal muscle training for the back:
- Maintain tension: pulls in the stomach before and during the exercise and only loosens the muscles after the movement is finished.
- If possible, do not perform any activities with straight legs with the thigh-upper body angle open. Actions like “scissors” and “cycling” are therefore not ideal for back problems.
- Put your hands on your shoulders or cross your arms in front of your chest – not behind your head: This position encourages you to pull with your hands, which can lead to tension in the cervical vertebrae.
- Do not block your breathing under any circumstances: Breath gently out through your mouth during physical exertion (bending your torso) and during the relaxation phase.
- Performs rotational movements, such as oblique crunches, slowly and in a controlled manner and does not turn too far. Especially those who want to train the lateral abdominal muscles can already achieve an effect with minimal movements.
Abdominal Muscle Training For Advanced Users With The Abdominal Roller
If you are already well trained and have a healthy back, you can put a towel under your hands in the kneeling plank on a smooth floor and then slide back and forth to your knees. If you’re afraid of sliding forward, use a wall to limit your range of motion. You can use a so-called ab wheel on carpeted floors. When training, make sure to tense the abdominal muscles and avoid a hollow back.
First, you shouldn’t roll too far. Slowly increase the range of motion and only gradually increase the number of repetitions. To make it easier for you to get started, you can attach a resistance band between the rollers. You fix the other end to your feet.
Exercise On The Side: This Is How You Can Strengthen Your Abdominal Muscles In Everyday Life
Abdominal breathing trains the abdominal muscles in the same way as gymnastics exercises. The advantage: You can carry out this simple exercise in all kinds of everyday situations (when walking, when you’re waiting for the bus, between two meetings, …). Here’s how it works: Stand up straight, feet flat on the floor, knees slightly bent, and buttocks muscle tense. Now it’s time to put your shoulders back, lift your head and look ahead. Inhale slowly through your nose while inflating your stomach. Then exhale through your mouth, pulling in your stomach without rounding your back.
Draw In Your Stomach
The abdominal muscles are used to support the body and keep it upright. In this capacity, they are used for practically every everyday movement. Use these opportunities to work specifically on your abdominal muscles. For example, when picking up an object, pull in your stomach first before bending your knees. The same principle applies when getting up. First, draw in your stomach and then straighten yourself up with the help of your leg muscles without leaning forward.
To avoid slackening the abdominal muscles, the general rule is shoulders back. Always keep yourself as upright as possible. This supports the strengthening of the abdominal and back muscles. But that’s not all. If you are walking quickly, be it to the coffee machine or the bus stop, tense your stomach now and then. You will be amazed how much the movements will be felt in the stomach while walking.
How Do Abdominal Muscles Become Visible?
To be able to see the fruits of your abdominal muscle training, you also need to have a correspondingly low body fat percentage. How body fat is distributed over your body differs from person to person. Still, at least a contour of the abdominal muscles can be recognized in many women with a body fat percentage of around 20 percent or more.
For the body fat to melt, you have to focus on yours above all nourishment respect, think highly of. By the way, diets do not make sense at all. It is better to change your eating habits permanently. It is not for nothing that fitness wisdom is: “The six-pack is made in the kitchen.” The diet has a share of 70 percent in a well-toned abdomen. The sport is just 30 percent.
Avoid sugar and simple carbohydrates like wheat noodles, white bread, or cakes. Instead, it is better to use complex, i.e., “good,” carbohydrates such as whole wheat pasta or sweet potatoes. Proteins are also important for proper muscle building. You can find them mainly in lean meat and fish, eggs, dairy products, or tofu and legumes.
You can also eat your fill of all kinds of vegetables. Such a diet makes you feel full for a long time and provides your body with important nutrients. Also, cravings attacks are thanks to a balanced diet of the past.
Did you know that you should drink around two liters of water a day? If you do exercise even a little more. Get a practical drinking bottle so that it works without drooling during training.